Master of Arts in Education Programs
Alverno offers the MAE degree focused on teaching, learning, and assessment. The degree is designed for practicing professionals in three areas:
- PK-12 teachers in public, private, and parochial schools;
- Teachers in technical and community colleges;
- Individuals working in the areas of instructional design, training, and human resource or organizational development in business, government, and not-for-profit agencies.
Each of these programs develops the individual through theory-based learning and hands-on, clinical and practicum experiences. These experiences vary from program to program, but each contains at least one semester (16 weeks) of practicum opportunities.
For information on Licensure to Master's specializations, initial teacher licensure, and additional licenses for teacher-leaders, please visit the Graduate Education Licensure section of the catalog.
- Administrative Leadership- Director of Instruction (major, MA)
- Administrative Leadership-Principal (major; M.A.)
- Administrative Leadership: Principal & Director of Instruction (major; M.A.)
- Professional Development (major for Adult Education; M.A.)
- Professional Development (major, K-12; M.A.)
- Reading Specialist (major; Master of Arts in Education)
- Teach for America (major; Master of Arts in Education)