Nursing 2+2 Program
For students who have completed their pre-nursing courses from any accredited institution of higher education, Alverno’s Nursing 2+2-CCON program allows them to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree in 2 years. Through the integration of theory and practice, students develop expertise in management of care, leadership, advocacy, collaboration, and evidence-based practice.
Classes begin each August and January. Students transfer in 60 liberal arts and science credits from their prior institution and then complete 60 nursing credits in the program. Building on a strong foundation in the liberal arts and sciences, students integrate the latest nursing theory with challenging clinical experiences. Concepts learned in each course carry through to subsequent courses so that learning throughout the program is developmental and relatable.
Nursing program learning outcomes
An Alverno College nurse:
- Applies leadership concepts and skills grounded in professional standards to support innovation and adaptation in evolving healthcare systems.
- Integrates theories and evidence-based practice using multiple ways of thinking to promote, restore, and maintain optimum health of diverse individuals, families, communities, systems, and global populations.
- Integrates a global perspective with an understanding of self and others within the shared environment to promote health and well-being.
- Promotes a culture of quality, safety, and inclusiveness through mindful practice of continuous quality improvement.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively and professionally using a variety of modes.
The student has successfully integrated and demonstrated the skills and abilities necessary for the professional practice of nursing at the baccalaureate level.
For 130 years, Alverno College has been dedicated to the education of women, preparing them for lives of personal and professional distinction and meaningful engagement with the world. Alverno extends this mission to men as well, through graduate and adult classes. We are a Catholic, liberal arts college with a curriculum so unique, educators from around the world come to Alverno to learn how we teach. Alverno’s abilities-based approach to learning ensures our graduates will learn more in class and retain knowledge longer. Students do not receive traditional grades, rather, they are assessed by faculty, community assessors, peers and themselves. Our small class sizes ensure students receive uncommon access to faculty. With an average student to teacher ratio of 10:1, you are guaranteed an individualized learning experience.